European Data Quarterly (EDQ) publishes five types of articles:
- Editorial: a paper describing the rational for and presenting the highlights in an individual issue
- Policy paper: a paper looking into various aspects of open data access policies and standards, and best practives on data-based policy making
- Data paper, presenting a data set, the method of its generation, how it was validated, intended use and, possibly, short description of the results of such use
- Data-based modelling and models paper, presenting novel approaches to modelling on the basis of historical or experimental data and resulting models
- Commentary to a paper published in EDQ, authors' responses, book reviews, project and event presentations.
Respective templates in Word for Windows are available for download at the bottom of this page.)
Editorials and commentaries will be assessed and sanctioned by one or more members of the Editorial Board. Submitted policy papers, data papers, along with accompanying data sets, and data-based modelling and models' papers will be subjected to rigorous peer review.
Submission of a data paper and the respective dataset(s), as well as other types of papers, implies that the work described is original work of the author(s), it has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and will not be submitted for publication elsewhere for the duration of the review process, or at least 60 days from the date of submission to EDQ, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work has been carried out, and that, if accepted, it will be published by EDQ in accordance with its copyright and licensing policy.
Before embarking on the preparation of your manuscript, please get acquainted with:
- EDQ requirements to style, in particular the way in which you need to present the reference sources
- the way to select keywords
- the journal copyright and licensing policy
- the EDQ policy on preventing conflicts of interests
- Our ethical guidelines, and in particular those for authors.
To speed up the processing of your manuscript, we strongly recommend to download and use the paper template provided below.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the EDQ Managing Editor.